With our reliance on electronic devices, we need to stay vigilant with cybersecurity. We have passwords for virtually everything and the prospect of having those passwords compromised is downright creepy. What better time of year to avoid that feeling than the month of October.
Monthly Project Recap:
- January – Set your intentions (goals, budgets, contributions)
- February – Prepare for tax time (organize, file, invest)
- March – Simplify your investments (old accounts, streamline, automate)
- April – Improve your Financial Standing (credit report, debt, IRAs)
- May – Invest in Education (529 plans, educate family)
- June – Mid-year Check-up (budget review)
- July – Mindful Spending (financial health, lifestyle inflation)
- August – Reassess your choices (insurance, memberships)
- September – Organize and give back (tax documents)
- October – Cybersecurity (passwords, security)
Review your passwords and ensure they are strong and unique. Another way to maintain your security is to set up multifactor authentication on your devices. Read this month’s blog for details.
As the holidays approach, our thoughts turn to family. Next month, we take a look at estate planning and beneficiary designations.
Check back for more updates in the coming months! Find more updates and follow along here.
A New Year Awaits: Your 2020 Financial Plan
Article from T. Rowe Price
Our monthly planning guide gives you tips and ideas that can help as you’re putting together your plan—and monitoring it—throughout 2020. Click here to read this article.
Blog by Brian Biggs, CPA – Financial Advisor, Senior Tax Professional