Storen Financial has been serving the Brownsburg, Zionsville, and surrounding areas since 1966. Firmly rooted in the community, our main focus is to serve our clients with expertise, in a timely manner, and with a personal touch.
Join the Storen Team
Storen Financial has been serving the Central Indiana and surrounding areas since 1966 with two locations in Brownsburg and Zionsville. Storen specializes in Financial Planning managing over $150MM in assets. In addition, we provide tax preparation for individuals, businesses, and trusts and is one of the largest tax preparation firms in Indiana. Annually our firm completes over 5000 tax returns. Firmly rooted in the community, Storen and its employees support sport teams, parks, not for profit organizations, individuals and the local school system with donations and time. Storen employs 17 full time employees and grows to over 30 employees during the tax season. Learn more about us here.
Investment Advisor and Wealth Manager
Storen Financial is looking to hire a motivated individual to take on the role as Investment Advisor and join our Advisory Team. You will spend your day talking and meeting with clients about their financial objectives and risk tolerance and then recommending an appropriate financial planning strategy. With over 5000 individual and business tax clients, our company has a strong focus on tax efficient investment strategies with a built in referral base.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Talking to clients to determine their expenses, income, insurance coverage, financial objectives, tax status, risk tolerance, or other information needed to develop a financial plan.
- Answering client questions about financial plans and strategies and giving financial advice.
- Advising strategies for clients in insurance coverage, investment planning, cash management and other areas to help them reach financial objectives.
- Reviewing client accounts and plans on a regular basis to understand if life or economic changes, situational concerns, or financial performance necessitate a change in their plan.
- Analyzing financial data received from clients to develop strategies for meeting clients’ financial goals.
- Preparing or interpreting financial document summaries, investment performance reports and income projections for clients.
- Implementing financial plans or referring clients to professionals who can help them.
- Managing and updating client portfolios.
- Contacting clients regularly to discover changes in their financial status.
- Building and maintaining your client base.
Qualification and Skills
- College degree a must
- 3 years+ experience in the industry
- Technology driven and an absolute comfort with new technology
- Sales attitude with a compassion for our clients
- Loyalty and belief in our company, its services and its culture
- Background check
- Knowledge of investment products
- Required to have or required to achieve all Licensing
- Salesforce Software knowledge a plus
- Job is a Full time position
- Base salary plus commissions
Other Benefits Available
- 401K with 4% matching dollar for dollar
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Short term disability and health benefits
- Paid Vacation
Junior Staff Tax Accountant
We are looking for an entry level accountant to assist the Tax Accountants throughout the year. They will be responsible for preparing all documents related to tax data, filings and payments. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Preparation of Individual, Business and Trust tax returns.
- Preparing and pulling off financial statements from clients to prepare their tax returns.
- Meeting and talking frequently with clients to gather information.
- Meeting and going out in the community to represent Storen Financial Group with Not for Profit organizations and community events
- Networking in the community with attorneys and other CPAs
- Responding to IRS and state notices for clients
- Working with clients for IRS and state resolutions
- Assisting Staff Accountants with emails and organization
- Continually working to improve processes and the client experience
- Payroll processing, bookkeeping and accounting
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and Explorer Internet software
- Experience – No previous experience required
- Education – 4 year college degree a must
- Requirements – Must obtain CPA license or EA credentials within 2 years
- Salary range – $18 – $21 an hour
How can we help?
At Storen Financial, we offer so much more than tax preparation and accounting services. We go beyond the numbers to provide our clients with financial planning, in-depth consulting, and year-round support. Looking for more info? Click below to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I track my refund?
NEW! IRS2Go is the official mobile app of the IRS. Click here to learn more and as always, feel free to contact us with any questions you have.
Is there an age where Social Security is not taxed?
How are Indiana State and Local taxes calculated?
For new residents of Indiana, there is a learning curve on understanding State & Local taxes. Indiana has a flat rate for the State of 3.23%. So if you have $10,000 or $1,000,000 of taxable income, you are taxed at the same rate. In addition to this, each individual pays a county tax and each County can set their own tax rate. County rates range from .35% for Jefferson to 3.38% for Pulaski. There are a few exceptions to the rule, but an Indiana taxpayer is subject to County taxes based on where they lived on January 1st of the tax year. Click here to see more FAQs.
How much retirement income is taxed in Indiana?
Like a lot of other States, Indiana does not tax Social Security Benefits. Also, Indiana gives a full or partial deduction for pensions that originate from Railroad Retirement Board, Office of Personnel Management and Defense Finance and Accounting Service (Military Retirement). If one is not lucky enough to be receiving retirement from one of the listed entities, then your retirement income will be fully taxable to State and County. To keep from owing to Indiana on your Tax Return, please ask the Administrator if they will withhold State taxes on the benefits. If they do, then as a rule of thumb, we tell clients that 5% withholding will cover most taxpayers in the state. This covers both State and County rates. If someone knows that they live in a county with a rate greater than 1.7%, then take the percentage up to have withheld 6% or 7%. If the Administrator will not withhold State taxes, then Quarterly Estimates may need to be sent in. Like the Federal, Indiana can charge an Underpayment Penalty if more than $1,000 is owed at the end of the year.Click here to see more FAQs.
What do I bring to my tax appointment?
Get the full list of the items you need here in this checklist.
The Latest News from Storen
Happy New Year, I am excited about the future and look forward to all that the year can offer. The first quarter is often the time that we all have our personal finances at the top of mind. With new employer benefits taking effect for the year, as well as preparing...
Join us for an in depth discussion with Greg Storen about the SECURE Act. Join us for an educational seminar on “The Secure Act” by Greg Storen, owner of Storen Financial. Greg is a Financial Advisor and Senior Tax Professional. This event is designed to inform you...
We want to bring to your attention new compliance requirements from the IRS for S-Corporation shareholders. The IRS will now begin to audit shareholder basis statements. In 2020, they will begin to send audit letters to all shareholders who do not attach a basis...