As you relax during the dog days of summer, it’s a great time to grab a notebook and take stock of your insurance coverages, memberships and subscriptions.
Monthly Project Recap:
- January – Set your intentions (goals, budgets, contributions)
- February – Prepare for tax time (organize, file, invest)
- March – Simplify your investments (old accounts, streamline, automate)
- April – Improve your Financial Standing (credit report, debt, IRAs)
- May – Invest in Education (529 plans, educate family)
- June – Mid-year Check-up (budget review)
- July – Mindful Spending (financial health, lifestyle inflation)
- August – Reassess your choices (insurance, memberships)
These things pretty much run on auto-pilot, but there may be insurance discounts you’re missing or subscriptions and memberships of which you aren’t taking full advantage. This review is an easy way to realize some cost savings and maximize coverages.
Next month, it’s time to organize your important documents and consider different ways you could make charitable donations.
Check back for more updates in the coming months! Find more updates and follow along here.
A New Year Awaits: Your 2020 Financial Plan
Article from T. Rowe Price
Our monthly planning guide gives you tips and ideas that can help as you’re putting together your plan—and monitoring it—throughout 2020. Click here to read this article.
Blog by Brian Biggs, CPA – Financial Advisor, Senior Tax Professional
Learn more about Brian and the rest of the Storen Financial team here.