Tax Services Manager (CPA / EA)
The Tax Services Manager will manage and staff the tax services department as well as provide exceptional leadership with regards to tax regulation, process improvements, and customer service. This person will report directly to the Tax & Accounting Director.
This position requires a detail-oriented, process-driven thinker who can effectively manage a growing group of tax accountants and tax preparers, as well as provide guidance to the administrative staff
We’re searching for a team member who can not only execute the duties and responsibilities of this position in an exceptional manner, but believes in and demonstrates core Storen Financial values and ethics.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The new Tax Services Manager will be instrumental in establishing new and efficient operational processes as well as expanding on current standards for excellent customer service.
Customer Service / Sales:
• Lead growth efforts through active involvement in the delivery of client service and the development of new clients and products.
• Perform detailed and technical tax review in a fast-paced environment.
• Regularly communicate with clients to assess and finalize tax needs.
• Prepare and sign federal/state income tax returns for corporations, partnerships, and individuals.
• Work with the tax team to finalize or approve additional tax returns as needed.
• Work with specific clients on IRS and State resolutions.
• Lead, manage, and staff the tax team, acting as a resource and providing guidance.
• Maintain a balance between day-to-day high-level operational execution and the development of the strategic direction of the department.
• Responsible for creating or modifying systems to improve efficiencies and customer service.
• Responsible for timely and accurate preparation and analysis of all monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
• Responsible for the development of the tax team budget as well as recommendations for achieving greater fiscal and operational efficiencies.
• Responsible for tracking tax team operational performance and effectiveness through key performance indicators.
Education and Training:
• Train tax team members on correct utilization of approved techniques and processes.
• Manage the development and standardization of written policy documentation related to tax team job duties and staffing requirements.
• Manage the adoption of system enhancements and process improvements with all team members.
• Maintain current understanding of tax requirements of the various authorities as well as prospective changes in tax regulations.
• Complete or exceed minimum continued education requirements annually.
• Become QuickBooks certified.
• Meet with Tax & Accounting Director monthly to review reports, projects, and department direction.
• Participate in team meetings and events that support internal consistency, teamwork and create a fun, enjoyable work atmosphere.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong leadership skills, including the capability to drive process improvement and challenge the status quo.
• Problem solver with analytical, detail-oriented, and organizational skills.
• Ability to analyze data to drive decisions.
• Ability to diplomatically deal with challenging employees, customers, and stressful situations.
• Ability to multi-task and resolve problems in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Technology driven with a willingness to learn new technology and software programs.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile.
• Loyalty and belief in company, services, and team within a client-focused culture.
Education and Background:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting. Master’s degree preferred.
• CPA or EA license required.
• Minimum 7-10 years of tax preparation experience.
• Public accounting experience preferred but not required.
• Experience completing, analyzing, or correcting complex tax returns.
• Experience managing a tax preparation staff preferred.
• Proficient in using tax software, UltraTax a plus.
• Experience with the Salesforce CRM tool a plus.
• Proficiency in use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote) required.
BENEFITS AND PAY
• $90,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year plus commission
• Opportunity for bonuses
• Off-season 4-day work week
• 401K with 4% matching dollar for dollar
• Health, vision, and dental insurance
• Short term disability
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Health and wellness incentive or fitness reimbursement
• Cell phone reimbursement incentive
• Flexible schedules and extra paid time off
• Continued education and professional development
• Complimentary income tax preparation
Storen Financial is an established independent investment and accounting firm in the Indianapolis area, headquartered in Zionsville, serving clients in 43 states. A local institution for over 50 years with a focus on team, family, and community involvement, we pride ourselves on forward thinking innovations and dedicated customer service. Click here to learn more.