Senior Tax Accountant
We are looking for a self-motivated Senior Tax Accountant to join our growing, forward-thinking and family-oriented team. The responsibilities include reviewing individual, corporate, and partnership tax returns and collaborating with a team of tax preparers. This person will report directly to the Tax Services Manager.
The Senior Tax Accountant will be able to apply the best tax strategies that comply with laws, promote our client’s best interest, communicate with our team about industry changes, meet deadlines, and be an integral part of our high performing team.
We’re searching for a team member who can not only execute the duties and responsibilities of this position in an exceptional manner but believes in and demonstrates core Storen Financial values and ethics.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Customer Service / Sales:
• Lead growth efforts through active involvement in the delivery of client service and the development of new clients.
• Perform detailed and technical tax review.
• Prepare and sign federal/state income tax returns for corporations, partnerships, and individuals.
• Regularly communicate with clients to assess and finalize tax needs: projections, tax planning and answering a broad range of questions.
• Work with specific clients on IRS and State resolutions and perform tax research.
Education and Training:
• Track tax industry trends and regulation changes.
• Complete or exceed minimum continued education requirements annually.
• Become QuickBooks certified.
• Problem-solve, troubleshoot and suggest process improvements in order to maximize efficiency while maintaining accuracy.
• Participate in team meetings and events that support internal consistency, teamwork and create a fun, enjoyable work atmosphere.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients.
• Problem solver with analytical, detail-oriented, and organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task and resolve problems in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Technology driven with a willingness to learn new technology and software programs.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile.
• Loyalty and belief in company, services, and team within a client-focused culture.
Education and Background:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting. Master’s degree preferred.
• CPA or EA license required.
• Greater than 2 years of senior level tax preparation experience.
• Public accounting experience preferred but not required.
• Proficient in using tax software, UltraTax a plus.
• Experience with the Salesforce CRM tool a plus.
• Proficiency in use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote) required.
BENEFITS AND PAY
• $70,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year plus commission
• Opportunity for bonuses
• Off-season 4-day work week
• 401K with 4% matching dollar for dollar
• Health, vision, and dental insurance
• Short term disability
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Health and wellness incentive or fitness reimbursement
• Cell phone reimbursement incentive
• Flexible schedules and extra paid time off
• Continued education and professional development
• Complimentary income tax preparation
Storen Financial is an established independent investment and accounting firm in the Indianapolis area, headquartered in Zionsville, serving clients in 43 states. A local institution for over 50 years with a focus on team, family, and community involvement, we pride ourselves on forward thinking innovations and dedicated customer service. Click here to learn more.