View ALL of your tax info in one place!
Have questions about how much tax you paid? How much is your refund? Or how much do you currently owe? What was that notice from the IRS about? Did you receive Stimulus payments and how many or which ones? All this information and so much more is now available on your IRS Online Account (www.IRS/account).
We recommend that ALL clients set up this account in order to access important information now and at tax time. This process takes 10 minutes!
You can view:
- The total amount you owe, including balance details by year
- Your payment history and any scheduled or pending payments
- Key information from your most recent tax return
- Payment plan details, if you have one
- Digital copies of select notices or letters from the IRS
- Your Stimulus or Economic Impact Payments, if any
- Your address on file
- Authorization requests from tax professionals
You can also:
- Make a payment online
- See payment plan options and request a plan via Online Payment Agreement
- Access your tax records via Get Transcript
- Approve or reject authorization requests from tax professionals
How to create your IRS.gov account
What you will need in order to complete the registration:
- Full Name
- Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
- Tax filing status (Options: “I have filed a tax return in the past seven years” or “I have not filed a tax return in the past seven years”)
- Current address
What you will need to verify your financial accounts:
To verify your identity, you will need a number from ONE of your financial accounts. Choose from one of these options:
- Last 8 digits of Visa, Mastercard, or Discover credit card OR
- Student loan OR
- Mortgage or home equity loan OR
- Home equity line of credit OR
- Auto loan
What you will need to verify your identity:
- Phone number
- OR a verified address
The IRS will need one more way to verify your identity. The easiest way is to send a code to your phone by text message (SMS). Your phone must be a U.S.-based mobile phone number associated with your name. You can also complete identity verification by receiving a letter in the mail. If you choose this method, you’ll either need a U.S.-based phone number OR an iPhone, iPad, or Android device to complete registration.
If you have any questions about this process, click here to contact us.