View ALL of your tax info in one place!
Have questions about how much tax you paid? How much is your refund? Or how much do you currently owe? What was that notice from the IRS about? Did you receive Stimulus payments and how many or which ones? All this information and so much more is now available on your IRS Online Account (www.IRS/account).
We recommend that ALL clients set up this account in order to access important information now and at tax time. This process just a few minutes!
You can view:
- The total amount you owe, including balance details by year
- Your payment history and any scheduled or pending payments
- Key information from your most recent tax return
- Payment plan details, if you have one
- Digital copies of select notices or letters from the IRS
- Your Stimulus or Economic Impact Payments, if any
- Your address on file
- Authorization requests from tax professionals
You can also:
- Make a payment online
- See payment plan options and request a plan via Online Payment Agreement
- Access your tax records via Get Transcript
- Approve or reject authorization requests from tax professionals
How to create your IRS.gov account with ID.me
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has partnered with ID.me, an IRS-trusted technology provider, to provide identity verification for IRS applications. Individual taxpayers and tax professionals are required to verify with ID.me for a secure login.
What you will need in order to complete the registration:
- Full Name
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Current address
- Mobile Phone (must be a smart phone with internet and texting capabilities)
- ID (drivers license, passport, or state ID)
- Email Address
Tips for creating your ID.me account:
- Make sure you have a computer with the internet, your smart phone and your email accessible. You’ll be asked to go between all 3 in order to verify your identity.
- You’ll be asked to verify your email address multiple times.
- You’ll use text messages to access online verification procedures.
- You’ll need to use your phone to take a photo of your id.
- You’ll use your phone to take a computer generated selfie photo.
If you have any questions about this process, click here to contact us.