As we dive headlong into summer — and to vacations and family outings — there may be a tendency to spend more money than perhaps you’ve budgeted for. This month, we look at your financial health and mindful spending.
Monthly Project Recap:
- January – Set your intentions (goals, budgets, contributions)
- February – Prepare for tax time (organize, file, invest)
- March – Simplify your investments (old accounts, streamline, automate)
- April – Improve your Financial Standing (credit report, debt, IRAs)
- May – Invest in Education (529 plans, educate family)
- June – Mid-year Check-up (budget review)
- July – Mindful Spending (financial health, lifestyle inflation)
It’s important to be aware of your discretionary buying power before you commit to a purchase. If you need assistance with budget planning, give us a call.
Next month, an evaluation of your various insurance coverages is on tap, along with a review of your memberships and subscriptions. It’s time to check for discounted rates and if spending the extra money is truly a necessity.
Check back for more updates in the coming months! Find more updates and follow along here.
A New Year Awaits: Your 2020 Financial Plan
Article from T. Rowe Price
Our monthly planning guide gives you tips and ideas that can help as you’re putting together your plan—and monitoring it—throughout 2020. Click here to read this article.
Blog by Brian Biggs, CPA – Financial Advisor, Senior Tax Professional